Meet Our Board of Directors
- Current role: Chairman of the Board for SterileWave, LLC
- Former CEO/President of Olympus, Inc. for over 10 years, Sid grew the company from a few million dollars in revenues to over $2 billion.
- Brings the knowledge gained by his extensive experience to address the new market of disposable endoscopy enabled by STERILEWAVE’s breakthrough technology.
- Recognized as worldwide expert in medical devices,
- Has served on multiple for profit and not-for-profit boards including Digilab, Double D Venture Fund, Noven Pharmaceuticals, DJO Global, American Technion Society, Robert Chambers Laboratory.
John L. Bala
- Current role: CTO of SterilWave, LLC
- Inventor, scientist, and engineering executive in the development of optical medical devices.
- A serial entrepreneur he founded VisionScope Corporation, Micro Invasive Technology Inc.
- Twenty issued patents and over forty applications in the field of optics, robotics, and systems.
- Has held senior science and engineering management positions at Macbeth Instruments, Electronics Corporation of America, and American Optical Corporation.
Dr. John C. Moore
- CEO of Cellular Life Sciences, Inc.,
- 30-years of experience building highly profitable and successful businesses,
- Has established an impressive track record nurturing key strategic relationships in operations, sales and marketing, and R&D,
- Founded Darwin Scientific in 2011,
- Formerly President and CEO of Ion Signature Technology,
- Formerly President and COO of Digilab, Inc,
- He earned a doctorate in chemistry from Huddersfield University in England.
- Completed AEA Program at Stanford Executive Institute; Palo Alto, CA,
- The International Institute for Management Development in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Formerly executive board member of The Venture Forum,
- mentor in both the Mass Biotechnology Council and
- Boston University New Ventures mentoring programs,
- Proposal reviewer for the MIT Deshpande center.
- 35+ years in the medical device market space, including:
- 20 years executive at Olympus
- COO for numerous startups,
- Played integral roles in product restructuring, regulatory process, raising capital and international launch and acquisitions,
- Time proven marketing strategies and passion for business development,
- Impressive knowledge and experience in the endoscopy market space,
- Guided startups through all stages of development.
- Current role: President and CEO of SterileWave, LLC
- Retired Marine Pilot
- Biotech startup consultant for 26 years for 150+ companies
- Author of numerous articles on laboratory instrument conductivity, and cost per test vs reimbursement.
- Has held numerous VP positions in sales, marketing, and business development
- Currently partnered with numerous consulting firms to help startups commercialize products and raise capital
- Current Role: CEO Aqua Medical, closed $15.5M Series A, 510(k) cleared
- Former Global Vice President Boston Scientific $1 Billion Endosurgery Group
- Former Director at Edwards Lifesciences
- Executive at Baxter Healthcare
- Startup Experience with DFINE Inc., ~$100 million exit
- Startup Experience with EndoStim Inc.
- Former Corporate Senior Vice President of Tenet Healthcare Corp.
- Over 25 years experience in healthcare innovation, strategy, and operations in Senior Corporate Executive roles with Global Fortune 200 companies such as Roche and Siemens across Life Sciences, Bio-pharma, Med-tech, and digital health spaces
- Former Senior Vice President, Global Head of Mergers and Acquisitions and Business Development leading enterprise strategy, innovation, M&A, BD, Partnerships and digital transformation for CHF20B Roche Diagnostics portfolio
- Former Vice President of Business Development of Siemens Health Services, leading integrated healthcare strategy, portfolio and partner management and global product P&L for ~$1B IT portfolio for Siemens HS global operations
- Operating Partner to a €8B Global Investment Firm, and advisor to Venture firms and their portfolio companies.
- Professional career in the US and Europe, included working and living in Germany and Switzerland.